Saturday, March 8, 2008

Big news and visit with J

 I could not sleep at all last night. But today, I woke up to find an awesome email saying my friends have been chosen as the adoptive parents of a cute little 6 month old baby boy! I was ecstatic for them! (Maybe that's why I could not sleep.) They are picking him up this weekend! Yikes, that was fast. They have been waiting for a bit less than a year to adopt and they have had a few possibilities fall through. This week they got word that they were in the running to adopt this baby, but were not holding their breath. Well, now the time has come. I cannot wait to see the baby and hopefully get some good baby cheek or tummy.

Early this afternoon, I headed out to catch the bus to my friend J's house. I unfortunately saw the bus drive by as I was trying to cross that very same street to catch it on the other side. So I got there about 30 minutes late, but we had a great visit. We chatted while her son (featured in the above photo) was napping. After he awoke, he ate lunch, played, and we went on a walk with baby and dog in tow. When we got back, she asked if I'd like to stay for dinner. Now, while I wanted to stay, I was also thinking about how many times they have already fed me (and my girlfriend) on MANY occasions. They are very generous and sweet people and I enjoy eating with them (the food is always good too). So I stayed, again, without any regrets. It was nice to catch up with A during dinner. He has decided to pursue one of his personal goals of building a bike, a recumbent. Wow! Ambitious. He hopes to use it as his commuter bike. I am excited to see it when it is complete.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: