Wednesday, March 12, 2008

See my wrist!

 We woke up late again. I had time just to make (yes I made real breakfast today for the first time) and eat "breakfast" at around 12:30pm and get ready to see my doctor (well, physician's assistant), Barry for a 2:30pm appointment. The waiting room was pretty full and the wait was, well, a wait, including a smelly guy who came and sat next to K. We felt like we were on the local bus. Once I got in and got my wrist x-rayed, Barry said my bone is healing well, but I need to start some physical therapy. I felt good about it, but nervous at the same time. The pain has mostly subsided with rest, but it definitely hurts with movement. I got the ok to start doing chores (yippie!) around the house. I know K was happy to hear that. He gave me the authority to make my own judgments as to what I should and should not do--lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. Up until now, I had been wearing my brace 24/7 except showers and minimal movement of the wrist a couple of times a day. Now I need to wear the brace less and less while doing more and more. Still no work yet, as he does not want me to increase my activities with my wrist all at once.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: